Tours at Penzberg
Take a look behind the scenes at Germany’s cradle of industrial biotechnology. Penzberg is the only site where both of the Roche Group’s divisions - Pharma and Diagnostics - have research, development and production operations.
Tour Europe’s largest biotech center.
Get to know Roche Diagnostics in Penzberg better - Visitor Services organizes tours and presentations for every registered group.
Your visit will begin with a presentation given by an experienced scientist who will be happy to answer all of your questions. The presentation will last roughly one hour.
You will learn
- how the Penzberg Biotechnology Center started out as a disused mine
- how Penzberg researchers develop new actives to fight cancer and other diseases
- which actives are produced at Penzberg
- how the materials used in diagnostic tests are produced
- how personalized medicine can improve treatment outcomes
- plus much more interesting information about the Roche Group
Following the presentation, you are invited on a site tour, where you will see our research and production facilities, our teaching laboratory for apprentices, our enormous high-bay warehouse, our fire department and our wastewater treatment plant - one of many examples of how Penzberg has incorporated sustainability into its day-to-day operations.
If you like, you may also tour one of our ultramodern production facilities.
Once we have received your registration, we will contact you to plan your visit.
We would ask that you send us your request two to three months prior to the date when you wish to visit.
Please use the online form to register for a tour of the Roche Penzberg site.
For professional visitors, such as students, scientists or physicians, we organize tours tailored to specific fields of interest. Program for specialised visitors*