Sustainability has always been an integral part of our company culture and our daily business. Only through long-range and responsible thinking, planning, and acting can we make advances in medicine and save lives and improve quality of life with our healthcare solutions.
Balancing society, environment, and economy
Sustainability includes three closely connected and interdependent elements: Society, environment, and economy. We can only achieve sustainable economic success by fulfilling our social and environmental responsibilities. And conversely: We cannot contribute to society and environmental protection without economic success. Therefore, we strive to balance these three elements in all areas of our business:
- Managing our business responsibly with good corporate governance
- Further developing our business in a sustainable manner and creating high-quality, rewarding employment
- Ensuring access to our products for all who need them
- Valuing our employees and protecting their safety
- Reducing the environmental impact of our business operations
- Supporting communities through local initiatives and encouraging innovation in science and the arts
Implementing Roche's commitment to sustainability
All Roche employees are expected to implement Roches commitment to sustainability in their daily business activities and to benchmark their achievements against the highest standards of the industry. Many of our initiatives are voluntary and far exceed regulatory requirements. Within Roche, the Code of Conduct defines the principles of sustainable development. The Roche Corporate Sustainability Committee is responsible for ensuring that we meet our commitments to sustainability and integrate sustainability into our daily business.